We know that many of you may be concerned about COVID-19, this is a fast-moving situation and we want to reassure you we’re carefully monitoring the reports of outbreaks of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in the UK. We will continue to follow the advice issued by the UK Government and the committee have decided to issue the following statement.
- At present Rallies will continue until such time as Government guidance changes.
- If HCI cancels a particular rally, then Ralliers booked in will have their deposits returned in full.
- If a member by their own personal choice decides whether or not to attend a rally having considered the risks involved, a refund will be given less £10 as stated in the Clubs rally rules.
- The Rally Officer in agreement with the Chairman has the right to decide to cancel his/her particular rally. In line with current Government advice, he/she needs to be aware of his/her own situation in either contracting or passing on the virus, particularly if he/she has recently been abroad. In this circumstance deposits will be returned.
- Rallies may be suspended for a period of time if necessary and if they are further cancelled deposits will be returned but updates will be issued.
(We may have to consider cancelling some social activities on rallies in the light of further Government advice)
- All food offered on a rally must be plated and hygiene standards must be adhered to – this means no self –service buffets etc.
- Biscuits offered must be wrapped and individually served ie. Penguin and no finger to mouth food.
- Please implement exceptional hygiene standards to all aspects of refreshments ie not sharing sugar spoons.
- Washing hands regularly cannot be understated.
- Please help us to protect yourselves and fellow Ralliers.
- Be assured that the committee will be monitoring the situation daily and any anouncements/changes will be communicated by various means that are appropriate.
- For further advice please contact the Rally Officer
- The committee also recommends that you visit the NHS coronavirus advice page by following this link www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Thank you for your understanding regarding this matter and we hope to have a successful rally season.
On behalf the HCI committee